This next phase of the overall Re-Alignment of Berchman.com as I stated in my first post for this project is to “define purpose, guiding principles, and desired outcomes” with this website. Continue Reading →
Tag Archives | realignment
This post is the first in what may be many video posts (ie., vlog posts). I am exploring new content formats so this may appear to be a bit ‘raw’ and unrehearsed, but it is real. I’m not reading a script (although you do see me look off and pause—I’m looking at a whiteboard with notes).
So, how does this fit into the “Website Realignment” you may ask? Well at this stage I am assessing content and its function and role in the website:
- What types of content do I use?
- What content formats don’t I use?
- Are certain types of content suited to a specific format? (Tutorials are always text?)
- Should I have more than one type of content?
- Am I making this not simple?
So here it is. The first video post. I plan on these becoming higher quality the more I do them. Would definitely welcome your comments on using this format in the comment form below.http://www.vimeo.com/6959125
The next step in branding Berchman.com is to develop a positioning statement.
From the brandeo website:
“Also referred to as a brand strategy, positioning strategy, or brand positioning statement, a positioning statement is a succinct description of the core target audience to whom a brand is directed, and a compelling picture of how the marketer wants them to view the brand.”
I would adjust this for my purposes because I am developing a personal brand statement, not a corporate brand statement:
A positioning statement is a succinct description of the core audience to whom a your personal brand is directed, and a compelling picture of how you want them to view your brand.
- Thesis Tutorial: Multiple Custom Page Templates February 25, 2009
- Thesis Tutorial: Sidebars However You Like Them May 25, 2009
- Thesis Tutorial: Dynamic Image Header with Transparent Logo April 28, 2009
- The cobbler’s children have no shoes… February 11, 2013
- iSad – Steve Jobs October 6, 2011
- Helvetica in HD on Vimeo February 1, 2011