There is a trend I have been noticing in doing business on the Internet lately and like any place of commerce you eventually see this. What I am referring to is the commodification of services. In other words, if you are looking for a programmer or designer to help you with an Internet based communication project; be it a website, email newsletter, SEO, etc., you know that one can find a variety of people that vary in skill set and professionalism with what services they provide. More people providing the same skill sets compete with others on price, thus making it a commodity.
Tag Archives | estimates
I had a client of mine—one of my first when I struck out on my own—email me about a conversation we had a while back. The conversation was about some new ideas regarding a website. It was a great talk and the brainstorming was fun. We left the conversation open-ended and, from my perspective, we would pick it up again. That day just came.
Updated 8/14/2009 Continue Reading →
- Thesis Tutorial: Multiple Custom Page Templates February 25, 2009
- Thesis Tutorial: Sidebars However You Like Them May 25, 2009
- Thesis Tutorial: Dynamic Image Header with Transparent Logo April 28, 2009
- The cobbler’s children have no shoes… February 11, 2013
- iSad – Steve Jobs October 6, 2011
- Helvetica in HD on Vimeo February 1, 2011